Search for

2006-04-13

Food for migraine

Ginger has been used for centuries for treating headaches, nausea and nervous disorders. Ginger can be used for migraine too. Ginger affects prostaglandins, the hormonelike substances that help control inflammatory responses involving histamine and pain. Ginger works like aspirin in blocking prostaglandin production and this lead to reduction in inflammation and pain.

Books from Amazon

Migraine Headaches and the Foods You Eat : 200 Recipes for Relief

Headaches and Migraines (Food Solutions):: Recipes and Advice to Stop the Pain

Prescription for Natural Cures : A Self-Care Guide for Treating Health Problems with Natural Remedies Including Diet and Nutrition, Nutritional Supplements, Bodywork, and More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Montreal, Canada. My name is Wren.
What a helpful, educational blog you have. Thanks for sharing and keep up the amazing work.

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Hearts_Afire

Anonymous said...

I don't have migraines, but I agree with everything you said about Ginger. I have gotten to where I take a 500mg capsule of Ginger with every meal. Along with Stinging Nettles, it actually seems to help my allergies and hayfever! Not only that, but I will take a Ginger tea over Pepto Bismol any day for an upset stomach!

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Anonymous said...

Anything for sinus headaches?

Cheers,

SteelJaw
http://steeljaw.blogspot.com

Enviroman said...

Hi Steeljaw,

My sympathies if you are having a sinus headache, but I am not a know-all, and I don't have anything specific for sinus headache. Don't know if this will help Food for migraines or this: Natural remedies for avian flu

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin