Search for

2008-04-25

Valtrex: anti-viral drug, herpes simplex , herpes zoster (shingles)

Valtrex is the trademark name of an anti-viral drug, Valaciclovir or valacyclovir marketed by GlaxoSmithKline. Its chemical structure is given in the diagram taken from Wikipedia - Valaciclovir under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).

Valtrex (Valacyclovir) chemical structure
Valtrex Medicine is used to treat herpes simplex and herpes zoster (shingles). In Wikipedia - Valaciclovir, the clinical uses of Valtrex are listed as:

  1. Herpes zoster (shingles)

  2. Genital herpes simplex (treatment and prophylaxis)

  3. Prevention of CMV disease following organ transplantation

  4. Reduction of HSV transmission from people with recurrent infection to uninfected individuals


Valtrex is a prescription drug, which means you will need a doctor's prescription to purchase it. If you cannot find a doctor to do that for you, according to
Valtrex Prescriptions
, they have a network of board-certified physicians from which you can choose to communicate confidentially physician, and after consultations, you may get that prescription needed to enable you to purchase any prescription drugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valtrex may cause more blisters to come out !!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My name is Lisa Betty and i would like to show you my personal experience with Valtrex.

I am 33 years old. Have been on Valtrex for 18 months now. My HHV-6 IgG levels have not dropped, but my fatigue did improve enough to get me out of bed most days. This is one of the best things I've done with fighting chronic fatigue syndrome to improve my health. I also experience shingles in my neck while already on Valtrex, and I am positive that it helped keep the rash to a minimum.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
I have to wash off the blue coating because I react to dyes (and GSK will no longer sell the drug to compounding pharmacies). Mild constipation upon initially starting it which resolved on its own.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Lisa Betty

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin